Tuesday, October 11, 2016

French New Wave

I love French New Wave, and especially Jean Luc Godard, so I am particularly excited to make a French new Wave film of my own. I am not quite sure what I am going to make my film about yet, but I want to do an original film, as opposed to remaking a few minutes of a film that has already been made. I would like to have french dialogue, but I don't know if that will be possible because the actors I have in mind don't know french. I might have them say things and dub in someone else speaking french like Godard sometimes dubbed in the dialogue in his films. 
I also think that it will be hard to find interesting places to film, because all of the film makers in the 1950s had beautiful Paris streets with vintage cars, and analog technology to work with as settings when filming, but I just have suburbs and a city that doesn't have all the romantic charm of vintage Paris. I think that I might do some filming at my house, some at Waffle House, and some at the train tracks near my house. I might also do a scene in a laudromat, but I would have to go at a time when there aren't a lot of people there. 
I have two actors cast, and my idea is to have the woman shoot the man at the end but other than that don't really have any of the plot worked out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment